Location: Catawba County (see map)
338 W. 15th St.
Newton, N.C. 28658
Phone: (828) 465-0920
Fax: (828) 464-1412
Principal: Chris Penley
Assistant Principals: Billy Cannon and Elizabeth Bustle
Daily Bell Schedule
1st Period 7:40-9:00
2nd Period 9:05-10:25
Red Devil Success (Mon.-Thurs.) & Advisory Session (Fri.)-10:30-11:05
3rd Period 11:10-1:10
4th Period 1:15-2:40
N-CHS will build:
Respectful citizens who are
Determined to succeed in all endeavors
Mission: to provide
Diverse teaching methods and strategies
Visible, value oriented role models
Instruction that fosters independence and creates
Life-long learners who are
Skilled in critical thinking School Beliefs:
At Newton-Conover High School we believe:
School Membership -- approximately 800 students
- Student learning is our #1 priority.
- Students learn in a variety of ways.
- All students can learn from a rich, rigorous, relevant curriculum as well as through experiences beyond the classroom.
- Student motivation and assumption of responsibility as a stakeholder are keys to student learning.
- High Standards must be modeled and upheld by all.
- Students learn best in an environment that is safe, diverse, respectful, caring and fair.
- We must challenge students to develop academically, physically, emotionally, and socially.
- We must provide a strong foundation for students to become lifelong learners and active contributing members of society.
- Data driven decision making is key.
- African-American - 17%
- American Indian - < 1%
- Asian - 5%
- Hispanic - 20%
- Multi - 6%
- White - 51%
- Average Attendance Rate of Students - 96%
- Students Receiving Free or Reduced Lunch - 57%
- Four Year Graduation Cohort Rate for Class of 2014 - 91.7%
- Students Planning to Attend an Institution of Higher Education - 77%