My name is Karmen Lawing. I am a graduate of Lenoir Rhyne University. I have taught at Newton-Conover High School for eleven years. I'm currently teaching Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Visual Art for the 2020 fall semester.
First of the Semester Outline for A, B, and C cohorts.
- Beginner: Introduction to Visual Art
- Art History
- Elements and Principles of Design
- Basic Drawing Skills
- Intermediate: A more in-depth understanding of Art and Artist Styles.
- Art History and Art Movement/Style
- Developing a student’s individual Artistic Style.
- Working on more advanced techniques with different mediums.
- Advanced: Developing Art Portfolio
- Working on Sustained Investigation developed by the individual student.
- Working on different processes to develop individual studio samples.