My name is Karmen Lawing. I am a graduate of Lenoir Rhyne University. I have taught at Newton-Conover High School for eleven years. I'm currently teaching Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Visual Art for the 2020 fall semester.
Please check out this Google Slides presentation with more information.
First of the Semester Outline for A, B, and C cohorts.
- Beginner: Introduction to Visual Art
- Art History
- Elements and Principles of Design
- Basic Drawing Skills
- Intermediate: A more in-depth understanding of Art and Artist Styles.
- Art History and Art Movement/Style
- Developing a student’s individual Artistic Style.
- Working on more advanced techniques with different mediums.
- Advanced: Developing Art Portfolio
- Working on Sustained Investigation developed by the individual student.
- Working on different processes to develop individual studio samples.