Greetings! I have been teaching high school math since 2002, and have been at Newton Conover since fall of 2007. I believe that EVERY student can be successful. I work hard to ensure that my students not only increase their mathematical abilities but also enhance important life skills in my class such as responsibility, time management, creativity and collaboration. In addition to teaching math at NCHS, I am an advisor for Mu Alpha Theta and serve as a member of the Curriculum Council and the Trailblazer Teacher Group. I also volunteer as a foster home for Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue, and am active in the music ministry at my church.
While we are on plan B, tutorial hours will be remote Mondays through Thursdays from 2:55 - 3:25.
I will be using Canvas to distribute all information. Canvas can be accessed via the M.A.P. student backpack. Students will have work assigned every day, and will be expected to interact every day. Parents can log in and observe their student's progress. Please contact me if you need assistance with that. Grades will updated in powerschool regularly.
I care about your learning in person and expect you to care too.
- C - Come to class every day on time and prepared
- A - Always put forth your best effort the entire period
- R - Respect yourself, your classmates, and your space
- E - Engage in classroom activities
I will work to make sure you are successful at home and I expect you to work too.
- W - Weekdays when you're home, log in to Canvas for information about your assignment.
- O - Only submit work completed by you. It's okay to get help, but not for someone to do it for you!
- R - Remember that my Canvas page has a ton of resources available for help and support
- K - Keep in contact with me by Canvas or email anytime you need help and I'll respond ASAP.
My required supply list:
- 3-Ring Binder and loose leaf paper (5 Subject Spiral Bound Notebook is also fine)
- Charged Chromebook
- Headphones that can plug in a Chromebook
- Optional: TI-84 calculator
My schedule is:
1st pd: Honors Math 2
2nd pd: Math 1
3rd pd: Math 2
4th pd: Planning
1st pd: Math 1
2nd pd: Math 1 Honors
3rd pd: Planning
4th pd: Math 2